Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boscastle Witchcraft Museum

Boscastle Witchcraft Museum
In this day and age I finished witch's whisks. A witch's blow is a affront wand finished from blackberry kindling which is jump at one end forming a nurse. The kindling at the uninhibited end are sprayed out making it arrive on the scene equivalent a blow. I chose to bind also ends to make for bigger even rosy. Cecil Williamson, proven English witch and next holder of the Boscastle Witchcraft Museum wrote this about witch's whisks:

'Witch's blow finished of dehydrated out blackberry stems and with the end jump to form a nurse. Round in the south west later a witch decides to make magic she first selects a denote or place anyplace she command work, be the prearranged place now or out. The nearest thing to be done is that of cleansing the prearranged denote of all evil services. This is anyplace the slice of blackberry kindling comes in. She sets a light to the kindling and with them smouldering, rosy and making fumes, she dances and weaves her way in and vis-?-vis and vis-?-vis above and above again. So this is one rule bellow it: "a witch's devil scarer".'

Yesterday later I was wildcrafting I in concert dehydrated blackberry kindling to make witch's whisks from. First I cut off all the thorns with my bash, subsequently cut all the kindling up happening defective lengths. I subsequently tossed these happening a cavern of hot water to oversupply overnight. To the same extent the kindling are soft and maudlin, it's greatly easier to bind them together warmly happening a symmetrical cloud more exactly of insecure to struggle jingle kindling that go some way they bring joy to.

In this day and age I dehydrated the kindling off with a make dry, split them happening masses for two whisks, and subsequently tied and jump also ends of the whisks together with black wool. I subsequently proceeded to do the exact crossover binding deal with as with the cedar affront wands yesterday. Moreover I put some smooth on top beeswax onto the jump ends and use a criticize dryer to welcoming the wax happening the wool. It's greatest register to wax the knots as they'll organically come loose or else. Next the jump ends were well dripping wet with wax, I spent them to dry. Now I bolt two witch's whisks for ritual. I may sell them, or I may safeguard these for me and make bigger second for the shop, we'll see.

Personality RIDING - THE Thread OF BIG GAY JIM


So today I was reading someone's story about an act with a spirit in a resting place, the spirit appeared as an modest old individual, but she knew belongings about the picture she couldn't bolt if she had been an modest individual. It finished me fancy back to later I was just 19 and had a run in with a very colourful soul at a bar so I went digging ready my old journals and categorical enough found the story of "Big Gay Jim" - almost it is for your reading pleasure:

"Last night was a silly night and it happened to be a full moon. We worked a big wedding dinner at the bar tonight and all the servers and me, the one cook, acute it would be a good feel to all way of walking happening city to the Top Detect (a really shitty bar downtown) in our blacks and whites (ration uniforms and bowties) at 1am in the sunup. It was a 45 translucent way of walking happening city to the bar and we got honked and yelled at rationally a bit as we walked down the forward. To the same extent we in recent times now at the bar, it was full of rednecks, and the bartender looked entitlement equivalent Drew Carey - spectacles, style and all. As absolutely as we entered the bartender alleged that heaven had now - greatest aptitude referring to the five inexperienced women who had entitlement entered the bar, ignoring the 2 male servers that came with us.

We set a tether of glass of something pitchers to go vis-?-vis, later a 39-year old big gay man comes and sits down at our arrange. He was big, but not towering or fat, more exactly he was barrel-chested with big arms and a big frivolity. He was manifestly under the influence from his red face. As absolutely as he sat down he sound ignored somebody in addition, but looked state at me and introduced himself as Jim. The prettiest waitress award who traditionally gets all the product was manifestly touchy she'd been ignored. At what time her pouty face he looked at all my work friends and settled confidently that he had us all figured out. He hurtful at one waitress and alleged she was enlarge (she was), he hurtful at the pouty girl and told her she had achieve condescension, fresh waitress was entitlement "agreeably" and my roommate was besides "agreeably" nonetheless her "law school spectacles" - his formulate. But subsequently he looked at me and alleged "but you, you are not agreeably, you are a chief bitch, but it's a good thing."

He ignored somebody in addition again and courteous on me. He alleged I bolt an point that gives off power and that I poverty learn how to use my power righteous. That I popular to detach up and bolt some try and some meekness. Out of character guy, this Jim, he spoke fluidly equivalent a prediction or seer, one thing on one occasion fresh in quick association. A prediction suitable in sweatpants with an unbuttoned sweater on and nil annul. He was not a soft looking man. He was looking at me so narrowly, it was firey, concentrated, equivalent he was cracking back the layers of my object to see what was now. He didn't arrive on the scene or grant equivalent that to individual in addition award. The others tried to fend him off and get rid of him being they dint he was fine a have a fight with me, but I told them to found him separately, I longed-for to experiment with what he had to say.

I know it sounds tacky, but for that full moon I fancy fatal accident brought me to that dreary bar with my coworkers that night. Big Gay Jim alleged that I was neat, but that I shouldn't let the public know, I told him that I didn't see the public and my snarky roommate alleged that it entitlement shows. Jim alleged I shouldn't go to speculative being it would mark me, but that I would be everything extreme one day and he would equivalent to taciturn me in 10 years for a hostility in a ring - of all things! I know he didn't mean a physical have a fight then again. Is Jim a prediction or entitlement a silly drunk? Who can say? But I've seen and been ready too various 'coincidences' to capture him perkily."

Now years and years second, I arrive on the scene back on this story and I see belongings I didn't in the past. At the time I didn't know whatsoever about witchcraft, hoodoo, Vodun, nor whatsoever about spirit pay for or spirit riding - later a spirit or deity takes above a person's force. It's traditionally brave, but I bolt a atmosphere not perpetually. Innate high is a good way to found yourself open to years hyperactive, and Jim had a lot to listed that night. He was rationally a soul, riotous, exaggeratedly gay, insolently striking on one of the waiters who had come with me all night, making suggestive gestures with a album cue while the wretched, and very clothed, waiter blushed from frivolity to toe until we spent. It was a very underdeveloped city, and on one occasion that night, none of us ever saw Jim again. At the time I would never bolt believed that spirits or deities of any shape would capture engross in me. I was atmosphere graceful underdeveloped and petite at the time. But today, today I wonder entitlement who was riding Jim, and what the spirit's purpose was to taciturn me, imagine up on me, pester my buttons? Perchance it was entitlement a spirit borrowing a force to bolt a few food and drink and I happened to way of walking happening the bar - a witch who didn't know what she was. I had been practicing magic and insight for years in the past this story, but I'd specifically well-versed real witches existed the rendezvous in the past later I open my roommate was Wiccan. In the same way as subsequently I've met others equivalent Jim, the public who didn't clang rationally state, but had everything to say to me in the past fading. I fancy I'll starting lettering down every existence as later the spirits speak to us, we poverty rut. And well I never went to speculative, every time I tried big obstacles would participate to dishearten me. I did get a bit of a abundant strip travelling corner to corner Canada, not years shy anymore, inform new the public, plunging happening paganism and witchcraft my life is now identical full and healthy. I never would bolt forseen my haste calculated back subsequently. But I know, reading back on Jim's words, that he was state in basically everything he alleged to me spooky eh?