Friday, September 3, 2010

Why Tarot Cards Work

Why Tarot Cards Work Cover I have been utilizing the wisdom of the Tarot since 1984. As shared in another article on the Tarot, not only did the Tarot make itself known to me, during various stages and changes in my life, but my great grandparents, on my fathers' side, were a travelling band of gypsies, who did readings and palmistry, back in the early 1900's.

You figure, sooner or later, this kind of energy is going to find a family member, to continue to bring this energy forward.

For my husband, 18 year old daughter and myself, this week has been a very crazy and wild emotional ride for us. Normally for us, we shift through our emotional surfs, individually. Somehow, someway, this week we are all shifting together. And along with this shift, our sleep patterns are completely off. Being a conscious empath, an intuitive and a teacher, guiding us through our wild emotional surfs, it means that when our human emotions are amped up more than normal, whatever is normal for us, it means that we have to pay extra attention to our moods and our highs and lows. It also means that anything we read, that supports our wild emotional surfs, that logically, this clear information becomes our guide during the surf, not our wild and amped up emotions, or the ideas our egos might have about the shift.

It is safe to say, that we are in the energy part of our journey now and for this part of our journey, emotions and moods move very quickly. Well last night, our energies were all amped quite a bit. As we continue to use the Tarot, as a guide for these wild emotional surfs, my husband proceeded to pull the cards and do a layout, just to see how the energy was moving.

In the beginning, when doing readings, I continued to utilize the layouts for a reading, and at times still do. I don't remember what all the cards were, however, there were 4 major arcanas, 4 minor arcanas; these cards were all positive in energy. However, the last 2 cards in the layout were strife and oppression. Humanly, I thought well great. Energetically, what the cards were really sharing with me, was a confirmation that attention to detail, for our shifting emotions, required extra special attention and care. That although the other cards in the layout were positive and sharing what was to come, that we were not there yet and that we were to continue clearing our emotions, integrating balanced and appropriate awareness to our shifting emotions and maintain our center, regardless of how
our buttons were being pushed, humanly speaking, that is.

The Tarot has been a part of our lives for more than 20 years now. Even after all this time and how the evolution of my own awareness has grown and evolved, I continue to have great respect for the wisdom that the Tarot shares and continue to be in awe and amazement, as to how we are forever guided into moving forward, within our journey, for our life changing experiences.

When we suspend labels, ideas and preconceived notions about the Tarot, there is a whole other story to tell. The Tarot has taught us how to utilize them as an energy, to continue to search deeper, for the true meaning of each life experience. I admit, in the beginning, I used the cards in the standard, book learned way. However, for me being highly intuitive and empathic, the Tarot took me on a deeper inner journey, for intuition became my guide on this journey.

There are many wonderful books on the Tarot and if you allow your intuition to guide you on this journey, the Tarot can and will guide you to the evolution of your own understanding. When I began my Tarot journey, back in 1984, I could never have imagined, at that point in time how this awareness and understanding would evolve. I began to notice that the more that I utilized the Tarot, the more this awareness would naturally and normally integrate itself into my daily life. Each time a level of understanding was completed, another book on the Tarot would teach and guide me how to go deeper.

I understand that for a long time, the Tarot and the idea of the Tarot had its negatives surrounding it. I am thankful, that when it was my time for this journey of discovery, it was the right time and I had the opportunity to grow in my understanding on this journey.

When given the chance, the Tarot cards work in teaching us how to go beyond the face value of an experience and get to the root knowing and understanding, for the purpose of our life changes and how to bring better information forward.

The Tarot cards work in bringing wise and amazing insight to our life changes and life experiences and guide us in building that trust to our inner voice and wisdom.

The Tarot becomes our journey for our inner discoveries.

Books You Might Enjoy:

Anonymous - All About Wicca And Witchcraft
Aleister Crowley - Al The Comment Called D The Djeridensis Working
Aleister Crowley - Thoth Tarot Deck
Aleister Crowley - The Cephaledium Working
Swetha Lodha - Your Love Life And The Tarot Cards