Friday, September 3, 2010

Wisdom And Knowledge Of The Tarot

Wisdom And Knowledge Of The Tarot Cover My journey with the Tarot began in September of 1984. At this point in my life, I was already aware of the fact that I was sensitive and I had intuition. I was also aware of the fact that I was having intense emotional life experiences. With this little bit of awareness and understanding, working with a counselor, to assist me in better understanding some of my earlier life experiences, would be the very thing that would open the doors to my path: the New Age.

Prior to these doors opening, I had just started a job, as a receptionist and had met and made friends with a very like minded and gentle soul. As my new friend, was already aware of energy and being psychic, because she had noticed energy around me, she would begin sharing stories of a psychic and magical nature. To say I was intrigued and wanted to hear more, is putting it mildly: the stories continued. Because she had been sharing psychic stories, I had asked if learning about psychic abilities could be learned and her answer was yes. Soon "L" would become my mentor on this psychic New Age journey.

This is when I stepped into the "New Age" and was introduced to the Tarot. Well now "L" truly had my attention. I felt strongly pulled to the Tarot and wanted to learn about each card and learn how to do readings and read for others. The urge was very strong, considering that I was a newbie on this path...so, I followed the path.

It would be during my journey on this new found path, that I would notice my life changing and my emotions amping up quite a bit more. As there was no information about meditating with the Tarot for these changes, I found myself drawn and guided to do this anyway. As my experiences continued to amplify, the Tarot became a guide and a teacher, for the deeper insight and understanding for these life changes. I also began to notice that the more I taught psychic/intuitive development, along with the Tarot, the stronger my connection to my awareness became.

It would be during this time that I began utilizing each card during breathing meditation, to bring deeper wisdom for the changes taking place in my life and changes taking place in my relationships with family and friends.

I began learning, that after meditating with each card, to bring peace, awareness and understanding to my life, I found myself feeling better and although I couldn't change the experiences happening in my life, or couldn't control others, I began learning how to reframe and communicate in a clearer and healthier manner.

For me, the Tarot, as a tool for mediation, in this new time of awareness, was the greatest of teachers and the greatest of gifts. For at the beginning of my journey, I had great difficulty in verbalizing and sorting through my feelings and emotions, especially before I understood that I had the ability to feel and sense emotions and feelings from others.

This has been a truly wild, inspiring and sometimes very exhausting journey and yet, when I look back how my awareness evolved and grew in understanding, just by learning and meditating with the Tarot: the gifts of awareness were priceless. The Tarot, as a tool for meditation is the best gift we can give to ourselves, in learning how to feel below the surface, from a place, where our soul knowing and heart wisdom can better guide us.

The Tarot as a tool for mediation is worth the journey of new discoveries, evolved awareness and deeper growth, in the changes that we are beginning to experience. From all that I learned, and although feeling a wee bit tired from this journey, I am thankful that I had this opportunity to learn about the deeper meaning of life, through my experience with the Tarot.

So, if you have an open heart and a flexible mind to consider something new, the Tarot, as a tool for meditation, growth and better understanding for life, can become a great teacher and a guide on your life journey.

Books You Might Enjoy:

Max Heindel - The Message Of The Stars
Aleister Crowley - The World Of Tarot
Christine Payne Towler - The Continental Tarots