Friday, February 18, 2011

John Henry Newman 1801 1890 Anglocatholic Cardinal Theologian

John Henry Newman 1801 1890 Anglocatholic Cardinal Theologian
John Henry Cardinal Newman, C.O., was an acclaimed statuette in the religious history of England in the 19th century, becoming all over the country stated by the mid-1830s.

Unaided an evangelical Oxford diligent, he was ordained a priest in the Clerical of England in 1826. He served as Holy woman of St. Mary's, Oxford, for two time. As an impatient student of the writings of the babyish Clerical, he was finally led, put down with others, to be suspicious of the maintain of Scripture as the unimpeded controller and norm of dependence. Newman became one of the founders and leaders in the Oxford Propensity within the Anglican Clerical, and a copious tractarian. The Propensity included noted Anglicans who wished to return the Clerical of England to haunt Catholic beliefs and forms of admire. Newman's limit essential, and present, work was "Tract 90", an extend to mollify the teaching of the Roman Catholic Clerical with the Anglican Church's "39 Articles". In 1845 Newman not here the Clerical of England and was expected clothed in the Roman Catholic Clerical. He was ordained as a Roman priest in 1847, became a member of the First acquaintance of the Idiom of St. Philip Neri [C.O.], and, not considering a sometimes difficult sorority with the English Catholic Clerical, finally was eminent to the kind of Cardinal in 1877 by Pope Leo XIII.

Pope Benedict XVI officially proclaimed Cardinal Newman "Blissful"on 19 September 2010, at Birmingham, hip the Pope's fall to the Joint Municipal.

In addition a noted literary statuette, Cardinal Newman's major writings keep in check his autobiography "Apologia Pro Vita Sua "(1865-66), the "Sentence structure of Ascend "(1870), and the poem "The Anticipate of Gerontius" (1865), set to music in 1900 by Edward Elgar as an oratorio. He correspondingly wrote the common hymns "Take the chair, Soothing Fine" and "Honor to the Holiest in the Extremity" (conquered from "Gerontius").

+ + +

"Take the chair, Soothing Fine, amid the surrounding dark"Take the chair Thou me on!"The night is dark, and I am far from home-"Take the chair Thou me on!"Conservation Thou my feet; I do not ask to see"

"The wintry scene-one bop masses for me."

"I was not ever accordingly, nor pray'd that Thou"Shouldst lead me on."I loved to restricted and see my path, but now"Take the chair Thou me on!"I loved the ostentatious day, and, offensiveness of fears,"

"Self-importance ruled my will: remember not farther time."

"So long Thy power hath blest me, clear it nonetheless"Desire lead me on,"O'er tie up and fen, o'er precipice and precipitation, inactive"The night is gone;"And with the morn dwell in angel faces smirk"

"Which I wolf loved long so, and lost awhile."

At Sea.June 16, 1833.