Friday, September 12, 2008

Pentacle My Week Of Fail Reading With The Sweet Twilight Tarot

Pentacle My Week Of Fail Reading With The Sweet Twilight Tarot Image
I really have had a week of fail. I did not really achieve anything I set out to do at work. I tried but it is getting harder to get a result and I am worried about getting my goals done. Also had a rather interesting social experience. Just one of those weeks where you arrive at the weekend and wonder what the hell just happened.

This is compacted by the fact that the Moon is Waning in Gemini. I have not slept all week properly, my thoughts have been racing and it seems that like always I have too much to do and not enough time to do it all.

So I thought I would consult the Tarot this morning and see if I could get some answers or guidance from my subconscious and spirit.

I am using a Tarot Reading Spread that is one I created and I find it is useful for specific situations and questions. It gives you a way of seeing more than one aspect of what is going on.

1. The Situation - The 8 of Cups (Chalices)

I have had this card more times that I can count, maybe I am not learning its lesson fast enough. This card is all about 'walking away from situations or people that no longer serve you' this is a card about action, you can't simply just think about removing yourself from situations that are no longer positive, you actually have to do it. This is a card of Cups, of emotions as well. This begs the question...am I making things harder on myself than I need to?

2. The Querent in the Situation - The 9 of Pentacles

Wow I look like cat woman, I surely feel like it at times. I am drawn to the fact that the card shows city buildings, I work in an office and the roads are swirling around and above her. She has in her pouch the pentacles, however she is dropping a couple of them. This card is traditionally about luxury and material success.

3. The Past - Knave (Knight) of Wands

He looks rather like a minstrel. The wands are governed by the element of fire and the Knaves or Knights are often the force and drive behind the elements themselves. The feelings of confidence can maybe be something that is only at the surface? Pyramids in the background speak to me of travel and of ancient knowledge, or maybe knowledge locked away inside, if we go looking for it.

4. The Lesson - Justice

A balance card, maybe I need to do some journey work with Justice. The musical notes speak to me, especially considering there was a guitar in the last card. She is the music however.

5. The Challenge - The Fool

The fool is a puppet in this deck, being controlled by something we are unable to see. So who is controlling the fool? Is it the universe or a manipulator? Usually the fool has no strings attached in the depiction and is a free being. This being does not look free at all and is also hiding behind a mask.

6. New Attitude/View - Ace of Swords

Time for new ideas, to look at things from another perspective. I thought I was actually pretty good at this, considering new angles and peoples points of view. Apparently I already have the answers but I need to carry the actions out swiftly. Maybe I am not being quick enough?

7. Possible Future - The 7 of Chalices (Cups)

The card about dreams, wishes and choices. So this is a reminder about keeping down the road I have been paving for myself and not allowing external forces to change my plans or keep me from following my dreams. I am also going to take this as a reminder that even though you have to keep those dreams live and keep those goals in sight, one also has to make sure they carry out the necessary steps to get there.

Certainly some food for thought.



You might also like:

Frater Achad - The Egyptian Revival Or The Ever Coming Son In The Light Of The Tarot
Aleister Crowley - Book Of The Heart Girt With The Serpent
David Webster - A Collection Of Rare And Curious Tracts On Witchcraft And The Second Sight