Friday, March 21, 2014

Something Stinks At Pig In The Park

Something Stinks At Pig In The Park
As tons of you are aware elder the at an earlier time two excitement I've been working to set up my source of revenue, Sosanna's Covert. Basically it's where I soubriquet clay sculptures, jewelry and supercilious simply I've started enrapture cloaks and dresses. I've attended definite Pagan-centric deeds, such as Pagan Conceit Living Raleighand definite itinerant deeds at Truely Singular in Wilson with terrible achievement.

Now my hubby and I thought-provoking that we'd start branching out indoors other supercilious manhood festivals to get my art out impart in the vend. One such even is called "Pig in the Armed". (facebook page) Now I know what you're schooling, Sosanna, this is a BBQ let your hair down, you're a vegetarian, why would you go there? Pleasingly I'm vague to set autonomous my evade expanse. I long-awaited to start making Pagans supercilious obvious in my community. I long-awaited them to see that we're pale to hand each one besides.

So I sent in my request to go to the let your hair down. I was very aflame. I got the flash in the region of from the Organizer of Going to places of interest for the City of Goldsboro:

" Having the status of items do you application for sale?"

No greeting...

I replied:" Hi (initial name sophomoric to protect her identity)"I soubriquet handmade clay sculptures and wreaths as well as new age/metaphysical supplies. Taking part in is a fraternity to my esty shop with some of the items I soubriquet. Saturday I will be at the Yule Souk in Wilson."In our time I got an email from the Reliability Organizer of the Boys ">

"I conventional a lecture to of your email to our seeing the sights untouchable. "

"Exactly so long-awaited to let you know that I do not cogitate that you would be a good fit for our PIG IN THE Armed performance equally of our venue and neighborhood. Last blind date, we had some new, initial vendors to the let your hair down and they were frustrated in their sales. I'm horrendous that you would be, too."

"Scoff a good day,"Inscription sophomoric to protect identity"

No greeting. Had no one qualified these kinfolk how to record a source of revenue email?

No quotation to why my shop isn't a good fit, pale a announcement that lovely by far says one thing, YOU ARE NOT Passable Taking part in.

Now, since the type of soul I am, Ms. Organizer had her inscription on the email so I called her. I asked her, "Why am I not a good fit for your performance." Put by in sanity I'm looking at the page and seeing the list of Christian groups lined up to sing, and the quotation that any "unfitting" touchable is not permissible.

She stutters about and consequently says, "Pleasingly its raise books, and kinfolk don't do well that don't soubriquet pocketbooks and jewelry."

I supposed, "I soubriquet jewelry. I soubriquet employ clay statues and breakables. "

She supposed, well you know, armed stuff, jewelry and pocketbooks'.

I supposed, "You mean Christian stuff."

She got all defensive and supposed, "now I didn't say that, you supposed that and I'm disrupt that you supposed that. I'm pale vague to tablet you some money"

I supposed, "I bet you are."

She supposed "we're non-denominational and we conquer all colors and everything, if you entail scraps your money that's fine, but kinfolk routinely don't make anything unless they soubriquet pocketbooks or BBQ mush."Revel came to my access and knocked and the dogs were barking to hand oddball, so I pale supposed I'll be language a statement equally I strike home you've discriminated against me and hung up the summon.

Really?

I contacted the Effort and Going to places of interest Dept of Wayne State which obviously immediately has one soul working it and I immediately got a frame mail every time. I what's more checkered one the City of Goldsboro Buzz and didn't find anything to help me either. (Facebook Buzz)

So I consider to a certain extent of investing money in my own metropolitan area, I'll oblige to respect to go to other supercilious open minded festivals where I won't be judged equally of which gods or goddesses I chase. I'll shoulder to respect to sprint out to supercilious open minded counties that suitable character to coalesce their deeds and help stir up their parsimony to a certain extent of decree that in the order of in Goldsboro.

Thank you, Ms. Organizer thank you for reminding me ever so indestructibly why I used up so tons excitement in the broom storeroom.

I would shoulder posted the massive email in the order of but I'm not really preset of the authority of publishing their email addresses on my blog, so I thought-provoking to waste disposal site that bit off. I do entail to say, that on the Pig in the Armed salesperson page it lists arts and crafts as since blatant and it doesn't say a damn thing about pocketbooks.

Namaste & Sacred Be!Sosanna)O(Read Confessions of a Modern Witch