Monday, November 1, 2010

Rider Waite Tarot Deck Nine Of Wands There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Rider Waite Tarot Deck Nine Of Wands There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel Image
"The only way is up" - Yazz. For some reason every time I see the card the Nine of Wands this is what I get in my head. It is a completely reasonable reaction as the cards energy is all about overcoming obstacles, being steadfast and having determination.

The person is battle weary but the end of the struggle is nearly here. The figure in the RWS (Rider Waite Smith) card has a bandage around his head and looks very tired. He is probably going to have scars from what he has gone through but along with that comes experience, lessons and the knowledge that it is done.

The nine of wands is also a card of acknowledgement, trial by fire and sink or swim. This comes along with the belief that you can't really know what you are made of until you are tested and the nine of wands is like a contestant on the biggest loser. They know what they are in for, they know it is going to hurt and how they got there but with some blood sweat and tears (starvation and a lot of bitching mostly I think) they can in fact come out of it a better person.

I am the sort of person that when I train for something I do hard or go home, I love being pushed and have a real commando type training mentality so the nine of wands doesn't deter me, it makes me want to roll up my sleeves and get it done.

I can't even begin to express how much this card reflects where I am at the moment and what a dam relief it is to have it show up today. Cause even Superwoman needs some time to herself once and a while.

I received two new decks yesterday the Housewives Tarot, which is so much more than some would assume at first glance, and the Pirates Tarot. Along with the others that are due for review I will hopefully have them up soon.

I had a wonderful time on the weekend catching up with Friends and finally getting to spend some time at Amanda's new house, which is so amazing with its fantastic garden. Her new adopted greyhound is the sweetest thing. I ended up watching Twilight twice in 24 hours and every time I watch it the hate for it lessens. I am with Amanda that there is something subliminal in the dam thing that will turn you into a vampire-loving zombie. There is however some moments that are so truly awful that I can't over look then even when tipsy lol.

You might also like:

David Webster - A Collection Of Rare And Curious Tracts On Witchcraft And The Second Sight
John Knott - Medicine And Witchcraft In The Days Of Sir Thomas Browne
Arthur Edward Waite - The Doctrine And Literature Of The Kabalah